SLEO II Position Opening Announcement
Woodbury City Police Department
The department seeks a motivated, hardworking and determined candidate for the positions of Special Law Enforcement Officer – Class II and Special Law Enforcement Officer – Class I. The selection process will result in the appointment of an individual who will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to insure that the department will remain an effective, professional, and respected law enforcement agency.
- A) Is a citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey.
- B) Is sound in body and good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the police and fireman’s retirement system of New Jersey as to his or her eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- C) Is able to read, write and speak English language well and intelligently.
- D) Is of good moral character and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
- E) Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- F) Have a current certification as a Special Law Enforcement Officer from the New Jersey Police Training Commission.
Please submit a one-page resume with cover letter to the Chief of Police – Thomas R. Ryan. Documents may be mailed or hand delivered to the Woodbury City Police Department - 220 South Broad St. Woodbury, NJ 08096, Attn: Chief Thomas R. Ryan.